Some of you may have heard of a thing called PASS. And if you haven’t, I’m glad you’re here :)
Simply put, PASS is a gallery application through Showit that allows me to share my clients’ photos with them in a streamlined, efficient manner online. I upload their collection of edited, high-resolution images and they can simply download them to their iPhone, iPad, computer, etc.
Here’s a breakdown of why I love PASS and the reasons behind my decision to implement it into my business for wedding clients:
– My clients are receiving their images so much faster. They no longer have to wait for me to burn, package, and ship their discs.
– It makes for easier sharing with friends and family – clients can send them the link to the gallery, or share their favourites straight to Facebook
– The images that are posted to Facebook link back to my business
– DVDs can be unreliable
– PASS stores the images in the cloud, so clients have easy access to their photos whenever and wherever
– I was smitten with PASS as a bride
My first experience with PASS was as a client – last year when Jasmine shot our engagement session, and then again when she photographed our wedding. As a bride who adored her wedding photos, I loved it. I could share them on my phone when I was out with friends, I could send my mom the link and let her download images she wanted, rather than the slow and somewhat painful process of uploading images via email or burning a disc.
Even though we received our collection of photos within days of getting home from our honeymoon, I regret to say it took me until just yesterday to post my favourites to Facebook (client photos get priority!). As I clicked through and selected my favourites and hit the share button, I again loved the ease and simplicity of it all.
For those who may ask, yes – I still value sending something tangible to my clients. But rather than discs, I can take the time saved by using PASS and invest it into creating and packaging up a thoughtful gift to express my gratitude.
***And! Speaking of gifts of gratitude, the winner of the iTunes gift card for helping me out is Sherman! Yay! Thank you to each of you who commented…I’ll be going over the topics this weekend and even if I don’t cover yours in the interview, you’ve given me lots to think about and answer in future FAQ posts!